Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cessna experience- Guest Blogger

Over the last few days, I was tending to a business assignment at my former college (Southern Illinois University at Carbondale). To save travel time, I chose to fly in. To do that I have to fly from St. Louis to Williamson County Regional Airport, Marion. Little did I know they have switched airline (From Great Lakes Airlines to Cape Air). Great Lakes was using the fleet similar to the one below a year ago.

Beechcraft 1900

Fast forward to the future, here is the fleet that ferried me to Marion, a Cessna model 402.

An airline staff loading the bags under the plane and on the wings

The pilots

Could you spot the similar instrument that is used in the car? Hint: Very useful if you are lost

About to land (See the landing strip)

Needless to say it was not a bad experience as related by the president of our communication agency. It was a bit bumpy but overall not a bad ride. If you have not had the chance of flying a Cessna, I strongly suggest you try it. At least now I can say I have ridden the smallest plane in my life.

2 comments:

cooknengr said...

Did you ask for a pee-can ?

Serenity said...

No. May be next time I should borrow Brandon's diaper. He he..! Adrian.