Friday, July 07, 2006

Going to be a Godmother

About 2 weeks ago I received a phone call from a very dear friend. I knew her since we were young. We went to the same school back in my hometown and we're also somehow related through our grandparents. We lost touch but our path crossed a few years back when I moved here. We reconnected, attended her wedding and now she's a Mommy. A "full-circle" moment for her, as Oprah would say.

Anyway, she asked me if I would be her first child's godmother. Wow!!! I was honored and thrilled to bits. I immediately said "yes" and started to wonder what my role would be. Is it going to be social? Or, religious? Both, maybe?? Errr....So, I googled the word and found a site: What it means to be a Godparent

The article was a great help. Only 2 days to Alex's baptism on July 9th 2006 at 2 p.m.

P.S. Yes, it's the same day as the Fifa World Cup Finals but there are MORE IMPORTANT things in life than soccer :-)


My Awesome Godchild
Alexander


No comments: