Monday, July 28, 2008

Baking Itch


Every now and then, I get the itch to bake. Especially after a hiatus. My baking inspiration this time comes from Martha Stewart's Everyday Baking. Yes, I am a big fan of David Barricelli because he makes baking fun and simple. I love all the baking gadgets and utensils in the Everyday Baking kitchen.

For this recipe, click here. Frosted Chocolate Buttermilk Cupcakes - it's very easy to make and taste yummy! It's a big hit too. Normally, my cupcakes tend to sink in the middle. But, this recipe seems fool-proof. I've baked them for the past 2 weeks and it comes out well each time.

Apparently the ice-cream scoop is supposed to help prevent mess but I still managed to make a mess out of it. Spots of choc batter all over the muffin tray.

Light cream cheese frosting is easy to spread but not my favorite though

Ok, so I lied. I got carried away and made some brownies along the way. My baking itch usually spills over to a second offering. Can't help it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo! Yum! Any chance you're coming back during Christmas/CNY and baking those for me? Hehehe

Serenity said...

yes, coming, coming! hope to see you end of the year :)))