Wednesday, March 31, 2010

San Antonio, Texas (Part 1) - Guest blogger Adrian

Note: The home front - phone is hooked up, so everything is back to normal now :)

I have heard a lot about San Antonio but never been there before. When my boss offered me a company sanctioned trip to San Antonio, I grabbed the opportunity right away. I was there from March 21-24. The event was held at JW Marriot San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa. The resort is less than three months old and very luxurious. Please see below :)

Entrance of the hotel

Interior Decor

Room -bathroom

Hotel room

Hotel outdoor at night

Since I don't usually have the chance of eating real Texas style steak, I took the opportunity to try out the Steak House at the hotel called 18 Oaks. For appetizer, I ordered Grilled Oyster with Garlic Butter and Nueske's Bacon. As for the entrée I had their signature steak Texas Wagyu 12 oz. accompanied with green beans with lemon zest. I asked the waiter what the heck is "wagyu" steak. He said it is a cross between Kobe and Angus cattle.

Grilled Oyster with Garlic Butter and Nueske's Bacon

Green bean with lemon zest

Since I ordered the signature steak of the house, I was given the choice of selecting my steak knife. This is something new to me. Has anyone eaten at a Texas steak house experience this extra-ordinary treatment?

A tray of steak knives for me to select from

Texas Wagyu 12 oz. steak

THE VERDICT: Excellent.

You should try it when you go to Texas assuming most steak houses offer "wagyu" beef. Stay tune for the next part of the trip. Hint: There is a surprise.

2 comments:

Pak Idrus said...

Serene, We visited St.Antonio in the Summer of 2008. To me it is one of the many cities in the US that one must visit. We were surprise and did enjoy that visit. Read this http://idrus.blogspot.com/2008/06/river-walk-san-antonio-texas.html

Have a nice day.

Serenity said...

Pak Idrus: Actually it was Adrian that went there for work. I wished I had the opportunity to go with him :( Perhaps, next time. Let me check out your blog now :)