Thursday, September 28, 2006

Praying Mantis

11.45 p.m. I was having a nightcap with Adrian when he saw an unusual visitor on our kitchen floor.

Hey there! A praying mantis. I still don't know how it got into the apartment. This fellow had a slim abdomen so I assumed its a male. I read on the internet that the female praying mantis' abdomen is heavier. And, they eat the male praying mantis after or during mating. That's a sadistic way to satisfy hunger & sexual appetite at once. A "dangerous liaison" indeed.

Anyway, this particular one was somehow eye-ing at me for some reason. Seems they have a 180 degree vision. As soon as I got up from my chair, he crept up to claim my spot and proceeded to give me this pose. You cheeky monkey!

He spent a few more minutes on the chair before I took him out to the garden. I forgot to tell him not to look for a girlfriend if he wanted to live.

No comments: