Sunday, December 03, 2006

Chit-chat:
Today is Sunday and I am blogging about my Wednesday routine (weird!). Took these photos last Wednesday but couldn't find the time to write about it until now. Crumbs! I know I am on vacation but last week was really crazy with lots to do and dinners to catch up. The downside of procrastinating. I'm trying to meet as many friends as I can before Adrian arrives next Monday. Then we are off to Singapore for a
couple of days. It's been 1.5 months since I left him to his own devices...


My Wednesday Routine


Petanak Market by the Sarawak River. This is where we buy fruits every Wednesday morning. My Grandma has been coming to this particular stall for the past 10 years. Now that she is confined to the house after her fall and operation, Mom has taken over "fruit shopping" duty.

There's heaps of fruits to chose from; ranging from local to imported ones.

Imported stuff.........

Cherries - so red & juicy!


These tiny oranges are from China. Apparently, eaten by the Emperor in the past. It resembles a kumquat but it is not of this species.


Californian plums... err, the pesticide markings are rather off-putting.


The locals.....


Dragon fruit -looks nice but not to my liking


Mangoes


Pineapples, the other king of fruits


Papaya & Pomelo


Bananas - from the opposite stall


My routine after fruit shopping - breakfast at the "kopi tiam" (coffee shop).

Sometimes, I have this.

Kolok bee hoon (vermicelli with char siu)

Or...

Kiau (wontons) with char siu & chili sauce

Or...

Black mee (similar to kang pua noodles)


But, I will always have my favorite drink...

Teh si peng (Ice tea with milk)

No comments: