Thursday, November 02, 2006

ALL SOULS' DAY = BUSY DAY

I am really knackered (been up since the crack of dawn) but I should put up this entry before the day is over. 6 minutes to midnight. Tick, tock, tick, tock...

Today is All Souls' Day; the Christian equivalent to Ching Ming. My family's traditional routine for this day begins a day or two before. Mom bought a few dozen flowers yesterday and stayed up until one o'clock this morning doing flower arrangements for our loved ones who had passed. Since I am illiterate in floral matters, the best I could do was entertain her with some amusing stories while she worked on the 7 floral pieces.

Early this morning....

Ta-da! Mom's little floral table in the kitchen.

A close-up on one of the arrangements.

Remembering my maternal great-grandparents

And many others whom I shan't bore you all with. Pictures of tombstones can be understandably morbid to some people. I don't want to be responsible for any sleepless nights and imaginary apparitions running about your darkened bedrooms or a medley of Ju-on, Ringu and Dark Water playing in your minds.

No comments: