Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Short talk: It has been 2 weeks since I updated my blog. Guilty as charged. Been busy caring for my grandparents. They are both in their 90s. Part of my coming home to Kuching is to spend time with them. Today, I did something which isn't routine. Routine being going to the doctor's with my Grandpa, doing the laundry and other house chores and mucking around with my lovely daschunds. Instead, I went to a wedding at St. Thomas's Cathedral, Kuching. Yes! Another wedding. I thought I had the last of weddings back in New Jersey. Not to be, I'm afraid. I supposed the year isn't over yet. I have another wedding to attend (Adrian's cousin) next week. *Ang pow deficit soon...sob! sob!

*Ang pow = a little red packet stuffed with money for the bride & groom.


A mid-week wedding

Mid-week weddings are rare. My Mom & I love weddings. My Dad and Gilbert (my brother) are well...typical Asian men who prefer to lounge at home while we ladies prefer a wedding ceremony over sports on satellite TV. Pity Adrian isn't here to be dragged along with us.

We love how the bride waltzes down the aisle to her waiting groom. The hopeless romantics that we are. This morning we had the chance to see one more bride do the same to the organ playing of Mr. Billy Yapp (my former Choirmaster/Organist at St. Thomas's Cathedral). Was surprised to see him on the organ when I walked into the Church. This must be a special favor for Uncle Victor. Uncle Victor was the emcee at our wedding reception a few years ago. How time flies! Now I am attending his son's wedding.


A radiant Lee Kimg & her father


Father Aeries preparing Philip (Uncle Victor's son) & Lee Kimg for the exchanging of rings


The newlyweds. Plus, the traditional kiss.


Signing of marriage documents and marriage registry at the Choir Vestry.


Uncle Victor & Auntie Nancy - Philip's parents.


Signed, sealed & delivered. Kids, you're now officially Mr. & Mrs. Philip Kong. Congratulations!


The newlyweds next to their cool pewter RR....what a ride! King and Queen for the day.


One more photo before they leave the Church (or rather slam the car door on me)... See you tonight for the reception!


Post Script:
I met Mrs. Agnes Yapp, my former teacher at St. Mary's Secondary School; who also happen to be my friend Geraldine's mom & Mr. Yapp's (organist) wife. Here she is with my Mom.

My mom (left) is rather camera shy but I persuaded her to take one with Mrs. Yapp.

No comments: