Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A Chinese Wedding Banquet

Just came back from Philip & Lee Kimg's wedding reception at Meisan Restaurant, Holiday Inn Kuching. Burrp! A typical 8 course meal. 8 to signify "fatt" or "luck". Once again, I ate too much. I think I need some Enzyplex a.k.a. digestion pills later on.

I am struggling to keep my eyes open as I write this entry. Adrian is working half day today as tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the U.S. In 24 hours, Americans will get the effect of "tryptophan" from turkey overdose while I am having my "tryptophan" effect from the 8 course meal right now. Yawn....!

Ok, here goes.

This is our lovely emcee for the evening, Stephanie Siaw. Good job tonight!


The newlyweds listening to Stephanie's announcement after their grand entrance.


Crispy roasted chicken - Meisan style.


Steamed fish. That's our waiter's hand cutting up the fish for us.


Braised sea cucumber, fish maw & broccoli. I have lost count of how many dishes we're at..?? Sleepiness begin to set in.


Intermission...a short break from eating.

Philip & Lee Kimg cutting their wedding cake.

Here they are with their parents on stage - filling up the champagne glasses for the toast.


The big toast or "yam seng" from the guests to the wedding party and vice versa.


Several big toasts on stage is never enough for a Chinese banquet, so we gotta have our own "yam seng" with Philip & Lee Kimg and their co-workers/friends from Johor Bahru. The first table of the night to go all the way.....YAMMMMMMMMMMMM SENGGGGGGGG! My hand isn't there since I am taking this photo. Well, this photo is my "toast" to the bride & groom.

One important mention before I end this entry and crash into bed.

My Mom and Dad at the reception tonight. Married for 40 years on April 2008. Soon...soon!

No comments: