Monday, January 08, 2007

A short trip to Singapore - Part 1



Adrian & I took a quick trip to Singapore while we were in Malaysia last month. X'mas was just round the corner so shops and malls were buzzing with holiday excitement. We stayed with a friend at Harbourlights Apartment opposite the latest mall to open in Singapore - VIVO CITY


Vivo City - "Singapore's largest retail and lifestyle destination". Not my choice of word but indeed their advertising catch phrase.


Here's Adrian inside Vivo City standing in front of some weird looking modern, spiraling and intertwining structure.

Since we stayed within walking distance to the Mount Faber & Sentosa Island cable car station, who could resist not going over to the island for a day of fun?!

Sentosa Island, here we come.

Ok, I admit I was a bit nervous sitting in the cable car. Why? In 1983, 2 cable cars plunged into the sea when a Panamian oil rig hit the cableway. I hate my selective memory sometimes. Argh!





I tried to keep myself busy by taking awesome pictures of the Lion City ("Singa" in Malay means lion; "pura" in ancient Sanskrit means city).


Felt much better when our cable car passed the mid-way point.


Underwater World










Siloso Beach

This is where the locals come to rest, relax, play and party during the weekend. There's limited beaches in Singapore unlike Malaysia. Sometimes you've to leave your country in order to appreciate the resources you have in your backyard.


I remember my Dad used to keep a small turtle in a huge salted egg jar at home and it would snap at us all the time; especially when she's hungry. So when I came across this warning sign, I couldn't help but let out a sinister chuckle.

Chomp!

Truly a force to be reckon with. What a beauty! Mother nature's pride and joy.

No comments: