Monday, August 06, 2007

Prelude to today's post: Amid all the polarizing, racial, corrupt political she-bang in Malaysia off late, it is nice to read, for once, an intelligible speech from Raja Nazrin, a well-respected and highly-educated Malaysian Prince. His coherent thoughts on the current political situation back home is a breath of fresh air to remind Malaysians the true nature of the Country's Federal Constitution. No doubt he's going to hit a sour note with a certain race based political party but kudos to the Crown Prince for speaking his mind on what ought to be!


Char Kuay Teow

Char kuay teow or massively stir-fried flat rice noodles is a common but popular dish in Malaysia. Last night, Adrian made some for dinner. I normally leave all the quick stir-frying stuff to him. He's naturally better at hawker style cooking and it's nice to be waited-on once in a while ;)

There's no chicken bits or shrimp in the char kuay teow. Just plain soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, eggs & bean sprouts. Sometimes simplicity is what we crave for.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm literally drooling at that char kuay teow! This was all I ate when I was pregnant with Alex. I went to Green Road just to find that guy who made the best char kuay teow!

Serenity said...

hey christine: is that the old man with the mobile char kuay teow cart/stall? he is still around you know. i saw him last year when i was back in kuching. guess what? my mom also ate lots of beef char kuay teow from Hock Hai when she was preggers with my brother! u r both similar ;)

Wuching said...

wuah! ho jiak!

Serenity said...

wuching: thank u, thank u. i was shock that it turned out ho jiak even though it's home cooked & not from Hui Sing Garden, hehehe! i will tell Adrian that. he'll be a very happy camper.

cooknengr said...

I think Adrian need to kick up the burner a notch and a little less oil for that "char".

Anonymous said...

Sure looks good though..!

Anonymous said...

Yes - same guy in the mobile cart. He dyed his hair - he looks just as young as he was 20 years ago. His wife is helping now. I told him I came all the way from US to look for him... When I was preggers here, I can only find Beef Chow Fun - that's as close as I can get!

Anonymous said...

Penang char kuay teow is nice... Haha... I can plan my dinner to night is char kuay teow.. hehe