Thursday, August 09, 2007

When You Wish Upon a Star...



I saw this advertisement at The Borneo Post website yesterday. At the bottom of this ad there was an incentive:
"Tell us your wish for Malaysia and win attractive prizes"

What a ploy. Paying people off to say some airy-fairy, fine & dandy patriotic things just before Independence Day. Anyway, it got me thinking. Should I make these wishes known on public domain? What I am about to wish for might land me in an infamous precinct if I were a blogger in Malaysia. Oh well, for my beloved Malaysia on her golden jubilee on August 31, 2007, my wishes are:

#1.
The end of all race (and religious) based political parties in Malaysia. Stances on social and economic issues should be the platform of political parties instead.

#2.
Reduction and ultimate abolishment of the NEP (a policy that favors only a certain group of people for the past half century). Time to move forward.
"Let's not use the crutches for support all the time, the knee will become weak". Who said this? And..?!

#3. Socio-economic success, educational & employment opportunities based on meritocracy.

#4. Uphold the Federal Constitution and the real meaning of democracy, not "controlled democracy". For Malaysians to know and exercise their rights freely.

I wonder.....If I won, what would my prize be? 2 days/1 night stay at the luxurious Sri Dang Wangi Hotel?

Post note:
Wishes #1, 2, 3 & 4 are Serenity's personal opinion. Readers' views & comments are duly respected but please comment/criticize constructively. I do not expect all thoughts to be amiable but take heed that reviling, nonsensical comments will be thrashed.

2 comments:

Wuching said...

hehehe..you've been banned from re-entering malaysia!

Serenity said...

wuching: hehe! u undercover for ISA kah? :))) kidding lar!