Thursday, August 02, 2007

An Update from Christine

I was out late last night attending a professional migrants' cohort launch at lower Manhattan. When I got home, all the network news had already reported the Minneapolis Bridge collapse many times over.

No pun intended but it really didn't dawn on me until early this morning that my friend lives around that area. I quickly sent her an email and found that her blog had been promptly updated. Thanks Christine, for allaying our fears. We're glad that you and your family are safe. This is an excerpt from her blog Too Much Energy.

As Christine pointed out, the mega size Minneapolis Bridge is a link for residents going to and fro the City. Likewise, we would use the Lincoln Tunnel and the George Washington Bridge to get to New York City. We usually don't blink or think twice when we're on our daily commute but honestly, passing through tunnels and bridges always gives me goose bumps. Yet, it is a necessity in life.

Our prayers for those who perished in this tragedy, the injured, families & friends who lost loved ones.

No comments: