Friday, October 12, 2007

The eye is the window to the soul

Today's post is more of a Public Service Announcement on my part. I was inspired to write about it after I saw a Pedigree commercial on TV. Pedigree has the most endearing ads; be it funny, serious or just plain cute.

This is my favorite and melts my heart all the time.


"We see love"


But most of all, this one really struck a chord with me (and I'm sure with you too!).


"Dog Adoption Drive"


Which brings me to this question: Is your pet just an animal you keep to guard your house or is he/she a member of your family?

My family once spent a considerable amount of money to remove a cancerous tumor from Shadow, my 11 year old Dachshund's stomach. Unfortunately, some people said that it was not worth it. I was sad that they failed to see him as part of our family. But, I didn't blame them because they didn't know Shadow personally. His unconditional love brought us so much joy and his loyalty was immeasurable. There's just no price tag that we could put on it. Shadow died 6 months after the operation but we did all we could for him so this lessened the pain of his death on us a little.

Anyway, the holiday season is coming up. Many people buy pets as gifts for their family members and close friends. I hope that they do their homework first. The breed you choose should fit your family, lifestyle and home. Secondly, please spay or neuter your pets. The Humane Society has resources & info on where to spay/neuter the newest member of your family.

To see more Pedigree on TV click here. You'll need this to warm your heart on a windy, blustery fall day. Dogs rule!

2 comments:

Johanna said...

I always remember I liked going to your place as a kid because I was so fascinated by your "sausage dogs" hehehe.

I really really REALLY want a pet dog here to keep me company. :( Sigh. Can't wait to go back to Brunei and play with the pets!

Serenity said...

bananas: haha! you remember them? well, we've a batch of new ones now. my Mom's babies. same here. i would really love to have a little dog here. i love DOGS!