Thursday, October 11, 2007

This one's for the girls

I was flipping through my local daily - The Record, when I saw this on Page A-10. This will surely please my female friends back home. Instead of from "Iowa to the space station, via Kazakhstan" (this article was written to highlight the proud achievement of Flight Commander, Peggy Whitson), may I re-write the headline again:

"From Kuala Lumpur to the space station, via Kazakhstan"


The caption below reads:

A Russian Soyuz rocket blasted off from Kazakhstan on Wednesday, en route to the International Space Station. Aboard is Peggy Whitson, right, from Iowa, the first woman to command the space center. Also making the journey are Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor, left, a Malaysian physician, and Yury Malenchenko of Russia. Shukor, a Muslim, will observe Ramadan in space by fasting and praying.
The Record - World, Thursday October 11, 2007

On that note, Ramadan ends tomorrow and my Muslim friends will be celebrating Eid Mubarak, commonly referred to as "Hari Raya Aidilfitri/Puasa" in Malaysia. So...

Dear friends,

(e-card courtesy of 123Greetings.com)

on

Saturday, October 13th. 2007

P.S. Please enjoy your satay, ketupat, lemang, curry, rendang & other kuih-muih raya responsibly or else, you'll be needing your ENO. Haha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh.. so nice of you ..!

Anonymous said...

Some updates. Dr SMS had a 10 min interview with one of our Ministers (I think it was Science & Tech, if I recall correctly)a day ago. Instead of asking him about the experiments he is supposed to conduct while on board the space station, guess what the Minister asked? Whether the Russians & Americans on board enjoyed the Malaysian food Dr SMS brought over to share with them for Hari Raya! Cringe-worthy, I tell you.

Serenity said...

millyvanilly: oh my, he should be relegated to Minister of Food Affairs. haha!