Saturday, December 29, 2007

Utterly Disappointed!


Over the holidays, there's not much going on so we decided to go to the theaters. We were thinking - National Treasure: Book of Secrets or I am Legend. We haven't seen a Will Smith movie in a while and we thought after all the rave reviews, we should see him for a change.

Let me say this. The reviewers must be bought or something. Will Smith is no doubt, a great actor. He holds three quarters of the film well. Conversations with Sam, his faithful K9 companion and dealing with day-to-day life dodging the zombie like mutants, simply known as "The Infected". A bit slow for our liking. Moving but *yawns*...

The movie goes downhill with the emergence of the holier-than-thou Anna & Ethan. They are also immune to the virus. So, you see - Smith isn't exactly the last man on earth, in the normal sense that is. There's a colony of normal humans "somewhere out there".

When "The Infected" and his cohorts go all out on Neville (Smith), Anna & Ethan, the movie is already nearing the end. In a matter of 15-20 minutes, everything is over. Is that it?! Yes. The storyline is very cliche thanks to all the zombie movies available out there. (Hint: 28 Days Later, Night of the Living Dead, blah, blah). The ending - too abrupt and lame. Luckily, we only paid matinee prices.

My verdict: Go and see National Treasure: Book of Secrets.

6 comments:

Ms One Boobie said...

I'll make sure PB doesn't buy too many copies of it.. when it comes out on DVD. thanks for the heads up. :)

Serenity said...

mamabok: yeah, better to wait for the DVD. rental is good enough. i don't think that it's worth buying though.

Wuching said...

then I've made my decision not to download it!

Johanna said...

Jackie loved the movie heaps. Hahaha, I'm waiting to get the book to read first and then I will watch the movie so I can compare. Heehee!

Serenity said...

wuching: if free, ok lah. just not worth paying for it.

johanna: jackie must love zombies or will smith a lot. lol! the book's infected are vampires though. enjoy the book then ;)

ChampDog said...

This movie is good for me. Although it is not the best but it is slightly better than the average IMO. I think the main part of this movie is to show how he spends his days in the loneliness town with his dog. I will say "Alien vs Predator' is disappointing.