Friday, December 14, 2007

Writers Strike, Broadway Strike, etc.

In the world of entertainment, when the word "strike" comes up, one has to be prepared for re-runs on TV and a stop in movie production. Which means, this is the perfect time to catch up on movies I haven't seen this summer. So far, I've consumed: Spiderman-3, Shrek The Third, Ocean's Thirteen, The Bourne Ultimatum & Mr. Bean's Holiday. Next on my list are Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer and Ratatouille.

Due to the strike, TV networks are trying to stretch the series as far as they can. Last night, we were treated to rare new episodes of my two favorite series on CW11; Smallville & Supernatural. I've friends back home who are big fans of these two shows so I am not about to disclose anything to spoil their viewing pleasure.

Meanwhile, I'm going out to grab more DVDs because any activities this coming weekend has to take a back seat to mother nature. *sigh*

5 comments:

Wuching said...

go hibernate lor

Ms One Boobie said...

Yah.. i hear about the strike too.. from PB .. who is an ardent fan of a few shows.

Serenity said...

wuching: aiyo, cannot lah, we are not bears. haha!

mambok: yeah, it's a pity coz some people came from out of town only to discover that their show has been canceled. so sad for them. Broadway is back on though :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

i saw u at Pat's blog (commenteries), and coincidentally I am from Kuching as well. How is life there? This Kuching here is like remote outskirt in any big country but fortunately, a 'big' shopping mall called 'the Spring' is opening this coming January.

God save u dearie, coz I am stuck here in this friggin Bolehland. Before I forgotten ur blog, allow me to say "God Bless and Merry Christmas"

Serenity said...

harrison: hello, God Bless & Merry X'mas to you too!