Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Better late than never? Or, why even bother?

My Aunt who is a piano teacher in London admires Argentine pianist, Martha Argerich very much. Argerich has been on a "sabbatical" of some sort and is very aversive towards the press and media. You've to be an ardent fan in order to know where in the world she'll be performing next. Whenever Martha decides to "pop-out" of her hibernation, Carnegie Hall is usually her chosen venue.

More than a year ago, my Aunt asked me for a favor to get her a Martha Argerich autographed postcard. So, my natural choice was the Gift Shop at Carnegie Hall since she has appeared there a few times in the recent years. I sent them an e-mail but there was no response from them. After several weeks, I figured they didn't carry it, anyway. Hence, the rude silence. Spring came and went, summer came and went, fall came and went, winter came and went. And then spring came again...

One May morning, I opened my e-mail and found a reply!

Yes, after 1 year, 2 months and 18 days, Carnegie Hall decided that it was not very nice to leave a potential customer hanging in the air and wrote a reply stating the obvious. The nerve!

Things that I could have done during the time it took them to send a reply:
1. Have a baby
2. Grow my hair long
3. Make another round trip back to M'sia
4. Eat 200 bowls of laksa or kolok kway tiau.

Anyway, you get the idea.

CARNEGIE HALL Gift Shop Customer Service: @!#$*. They didn't even say "SORRY".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha....relax, breathe in, breathe out...
So, it's not just in Malaysia where you find incompetent staff. Hohoho!

Serenity said...

hey millyvanilly, coming from Carnegie Hall is quite unusual. but, there's always a first time for everything. maybe i should send them another email and see if they reply next year. haha!