Monday, May 14, 2007

"A series of unfortunate events"
(Thank you Lemony S. for writing this book!)

April/May is turning out to be the "darn-est things happen to me" month.

Here's the rundown:

#1
During my road trip, I managed to get myself stuck in the bathroom in the middle of the night. Trust me, if this happens to you, you'll never take another night pee for granted. Of all the days, the doorknob decided to pull a fast one on me and jammed up. Somehow the latch on the door knob got stuck in the door recess and would not move when turning the doorknob. After a few jiggles, the knob stopped turning all together. The phrase "dead as a doorknob" keeps playing in my head these days. Is it possible to have doorknob phobia?

#2
Took a miscalculated step outside my apartment and fell at an awkward position; resulting in a swollen ankle and bruised toes. A possibility that I was "sleep-walking" that morning.

#3
Forgot to take my ATM card out of the machine over the weekend. I had to retrieve it from the bank/teller this morning. Is it possible to be such a ditz?

#4
Unknowingly deleted some e-mail messages that didn't even belong to me! I thought I was logged into my account and found some weird senders. Hmm, I don't know these people and proceeded to delete them off one by one. As I moved the cursor to "log out", I discovered that I was logged in as "_ _ _ _". Oops..! At this point, the phrase, "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing" rings true. Or should it be the brain doesn't know what the right hand is doing???

If the list reaches #10, I might need some help breaking this spring jinx! I'll make myself lunch and remember to throw some salt over my left shoulder ;) Or perhaps, it's time to use my "oculus malus". I've had it for a while, a gift from my friend's travels around the Mediterranean/Aegean regions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you think it's a seasonal thing? I recalled your toenail came off when you accidentally kicked the fridge -- if I remember correctly, at around the same time, 2 years back? Hehehe

Serenity said...

very good memory. my toe nail hasn't been the same since :( have to use nail polish to cover the "cacat-ness" of the re-growth. *sigh* scooting around the subway was hard with a half dead toe-nail.