Thursday, May 24, 2007

Jala neti

Damn pollens! This year's allergy season is the pits. I've never had a bad allergy reaction until now. When Adrian started using a neti pot to relieve his seasonal allergies, I called it "Aladdin's Lamp". I'm a new convert.

This is a ceramic neti pot that looks very pretty
(of course plastic ones are easier to keep & unbreakable)


This is the type we use:


This yogic nasal cleansing technique has given me a renewed appreciation of the term "breathe well". Aaaah...Did you know that jala neti helps improve your sense of taste as well? Get rid of those boogers and enjoy your food even more. How about that?

Just remember to tilt your head forward and breathe through your mouth when administering the jala neti. Hee..hee! I kinda enjoy watching the liquid pass through my nasal passage and loop out the other side. Morbid but fascinating.

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti, people!

No comments: