Saturday, September 01, 2007

Greetings from Montreal

Bonjour/Bonsoir! (depending on what time you're reading this)...

I am blogging from Auberge Montreal Espace Confort at the heart of Quartier Latin. Quartier Latin is the hip and happening place at Rue St. Denis. We skipped the club scene since we've been walking around the Old Port, City and "underground City" the entire day. There's a shisha bar/cafe right under our auberge/hotel and I can smell fruity essence each time I enter the hotel door. The entire Rue is lined with restaurants, bars, cafes, strip clubs, etc. and particularly popular with students from McGill University and the young/hip. Right now, there are some happy revelers just outside my window. Never mind them. Let's crap about crepes instead.

One of the most wanted "to eat" on my list is crepes. I finally had crepes today at Creperie Chez Suzette at Rue St. Paul. Three floors of sitting area and an extensive crepe menu to match its floor space. The owner sat us by the window "La Quebecoise" at street level which is great except that it's bee season and they kindly asked us not to open the window. We did see a little bee hovering around our window but didn't do us any harm.

Adrian had the "Symphony". He thought that the sauce would be too sweet but it wasn't. So, he was pleasantly surprised. It's loaded with all his favorite fruits & topped with maple syrup.

I had the "La Melba". Yummy! But I had to move the generous helping of whip cream and raspberries aside. A tad too much for me to handle. Delicious nonetheless!

Creperie has a variety of savory and dessert crepes. I'm going back for more!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

crepes! yum! pictures made my mouth water. hahaha, and the cream looks very fattening. yikes.

Francis Ho said...

I am SO HUNGRY now!

Yummy, yummy, yummy!!

Serenity said...

johanna: yes, fattening. that's why i scrapped them aside. very yummy though.

fh2o: hehe! sinfully yummy!