Thursday, September 13, 2007

Loving Figo, warts and all

My Mom's other "son", Figo is a cunning little fellow. He came to the Ong household on November 2005. We named him after Portugal's famous (now retired) international soccer star Luis Figo. When he was a puppy, his ears were normal like any other dachshund. However, something weird happened along the way. His ears started to grow upwards and eventually side ways. Whenever I see him (when I go back to Kuching), I felt that he looked familiar.

Sister Bertrille of San Tanco & Figo Ong of Rock Road
(Photo source of Sally Field/Sister Bertrille: internet)

Poor Figo looks like the Flying Nun! Needless to say my Mom was, initially, really pissed off with the breeder but we still love Figo all the same. You see, it really isn't Figo's fault that he was born with unique ears. It's a good thing that Figo isn't living in Hollywood. Otherwise, we might succumb to the pressures of plastic surgery. Figo has very sharp ears hearing, I must say!

No comments: