Friday, November 30, 2007

Cupcakes

I felt like baking today and vanilla cupcakes it is! Lately, I've been shopping around for small cutters on behalf of my dear friend, Milly V because of her passion for sugar art projects. It is so easy to fall in love with all those nice decorating accessories and tools but I am not as creative nor patient enough for it. I guess I am spoiled when it comes to frostings and sugar decorations since we can just buy them ready-made from the supermarket.

Well, I road-tested my vanilla cupcakes today using a simple recipe I found on CupcakeRecipes. If this works out, I'm going back to buy some X'mas theme sugar decorations from the store :)

Before: Cupcakes fresh from the oven. Let them cool down thoroughly before starting the icing & decorating process.

After: Some of my iced/decorated cupcakes. All set to go!

P.S. I've yet to hear from my guinea pigs friends, so I don't know what's the verdict yet. Hopefully, it's good.

5 comments:

cooknengr said...

Oh man...the cup cakes look like my waist line :(

Devil said...

so delicious..

azlano said...

Serene, pay a visit to http://prettyfrosting.blogspot.com/ and be mesmerized! :)

Serenity said...

cooknengr: hee..hee! who r u kidding. u run in marathons. no muffin tops for sure.

peter: thanks. 2 of my guinea pigs said that it was good. the decoration is something else though.

azlano: okie doke. i will :)

Serenity said...

millyvanilly, thanks for the nice comments. i dunno what i did and the comment "hilang". sob, sob! i can't wait to go back to Kuching to see your creations soon ;)