Saturday, November 24, 2007

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2007


I know, I know. Why bother with the crowds when you can just sit at home and watch the parade? Well, this year we made an exception because of the beautiful weather. It felt like spring time on Thursday but yesterday & today is a different story. So you see, good weather on Thanksgiving Day doesn't come by easily. In the past, it had been too cold, too wet or too windy. Never has there been a more superb weather like Thanksgiving 2007.

We took the first bus down to NYC at 7.22 a.m. and reached the Port Authority before 8.00 a.m. There was no traffic because all the road warriors had left. Hah! We got off the subway at Columbus Circle and walked about 2-3 blocks to West 64th. Street. Since the balloons were 15 -20 feet up in the air, we didn't need to be directly in front to see them.

Get ready for photos galore. Snippets from the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade 2007...

Tom Turkey, Abby Cadabby & the Pilgrim.

Dora the Explorer, Scooby Doo and the Sesame Street gang.

Harold the Fireman, Energizer Bunny, Ronald McDonald & Pikachu.


Super Cute Hello Kitty

Mr. Potato Head, Shrek & Kermit the Frog.

JoJo's Circus, Founding Fathers' Balloonheads & Cherokee National Youth Choir.

Flying Ace Snoopy, Frosty the Snowman & the Peanuts gang.

Care Bears & M&M's on Broadway.

Last but not least, the man himself - SANTA!

What a delightful day. I had expected the crowds to be worst but it turned out better than Black Friday shopping ;) Best of all, I got to re-live my childhood dream. My favorite float was the Care Bears' Winter Funderland and my favorite balloons were Snoopy & Hello Kitty.

4 comments:

Wuching said...

I love parades, this Macy parade is so much nicer than the DJ parade we have here

Serenity said...

wuching: the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade is largely for kids but it's the adults that are more excited ;). it's a big thing here in NY/NJ since the 1920s. it's my first parade. must go at least once. hee..hee!

Anonymous said...

Oh.. it's wonderful to have great weather for parades..! my brat would have enjoyed it big time.. ;)

pattyb23 said...

Would you happen to have a copy of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2007. I'm trying to find a copy but I can't find one anywhere. Please email me at pattyb23@charter.net
Thanks!