Friday, November 02, 2007

Celebrating Halloween - Chelsea Market Style


Halloween photos! I had initially wanted to take some over-the-top shots of Halloween decor around my neighborhood but I was afraid some people might be sensitive about it. Worse still, they might think that I am a robber or some child predator in disguise lurking outside their homes. Understandably, they're a lot of big bad wolves out there and I noticed a lot of parents (dressed to the nines in spooky costumes) "trick or treating" with their kids on October 31. I think it's a good thing. Peace of mind and quality time with their children. On a sick note, I read somewhere that pins, needles and razors have been found in apples & candies given to kids, so I would inspect all their candy loot before they munch into something lethal.

Anyway, Adrian took some photos at Chelsea Market yesterday. Yeah, this is all happening below his office! Some people have all the fun :)

A few hanging but very dead friends and one who is slouchy. Look! He's giving out candies. Hee..hee!

Some people are so crafty (no pun intended!). I've never tried carving a pumpkin before. Even kids can do it so I must be craft-less or something.

This particular pumpkin is a "Godzilla". It weighs 1,162 lbs. and the champion grower is Don Young from Des Moines, Iowa. The master crafter/artist is Hugh McMahon.

Here's a closer look at "The Gigantor". Sorry, I just had to add in that morbid thought.

No comments: