Monday, July 16, 2007

Butt of the Joke

John Revolta Travolta is really bugging me these days, as a woman called Edna Turnblad in the movie version of Hairspray. This is not a movie I would pay $7.25 to see. No offense to the rest of the brilliant cast but lately, all the attention on Travolta as Turnblad is sending me into a hurl-fest. His BFF Oprah Winfrey naturally thought this is a great achievement. Heck, she even dedicated the entire Oprah Show to Hairspray; with her spending 30 minutes nit-picking Travolta's brains. Excuse me while I go hurl in the bathroom again.

Eeeeew...
Photo source: USA Today who borrowed it from New Line Cinemas

Bottom line is: Not all men are made for drag. Dame Edna Everage, we had to put up with for such a long, long time already. However, Dame Edna has a funny, witty demeanor hence her "Hi possums" persona is bearable to likable, to say the least.

Do we really need another he/she? Here's a split photo of Travolta before and after. Not much of a difference in my opinion.

Photo source: ETOnline

Even more unbelievable how Travolta during an interview with Entertainment Tonight, insisted that he isn't playing a drag-like character and that he is really trying to convince you & I that he IS a ... WOMAN!

Now, tell me. Do you honestly think that he could pass for a woman? *tsk, tsk* I say he needs to go to Thailand for Lesson 101.

2 comments:

cooknengr said...

There is a Ah Kua photo from Singapore floating around...that's not me!

Serenity said...

cooknengr: really? haven't seen it yet but don't worry. cooknengr readers know how cooknengr looks like with blue wig & make-up. hehehe!