Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fire at Chin & Sons, Rock Road (Cont.)


Last Saturday (7/7/07), I wrote about a fire at my neighbor's showroom/house. Today, I received an e-mail from Albert who was kind enough to send me a photo to complete the post. Thanks very much. I really appreciate it.


I believe the fire was in its intermediate stage when this photo was taken. Albert, please correct me if I'm wrong. My friend who lives 8 minutes away from my parents' place said that all she saw later that evening was a blackened building and only the ground floor was relatively ok. My Mom said that the back portion (store/workshop) area is completely gone. It's really sad to hear about it.

The only damaged to our part was the area nearest to the fence. A partially brown & very dehydrated langsat (Lansium domesticum Corr.) tree, a medium sized tree (voluntary chopped down by my Dad for safety reasons) and a Rose of Sharon tree bush. Of course, this is nothing compared to the emotional trauma that my neighbors went through as well as the precious items and documents lost during the blaze.

We're thankful that nobody was hurt in this fire. We can always rebuild a damaged building but our lives cannot be replaced. So, praise God that everyone is safe.

No comments: