Tuesday, July 17, 2007

We're one of the millions that contributed to Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix's box office collection last weekend. Adrian has excruciatingly forgone Transformers over wizardry, so thank you dear. Not as suspenseful as the previous installments but more grown up and emotionally engaging as expected.

These days the internet is overloaded with rumors of ...The Deathly Hallows leaks and possible endings to the Potter saga. Only a few days left to the book release and soon we'll know if hacker "Gabriel" is for real or just a load of bologna. I'm inclined towards the latter.

My local library is also on the bandwagon. There will be a Harry Potter Party this Friday night. Kids are told to come as their favorite HP character and wait till 12.01 a.m. Saturday to pick up their pre-ordered books. Unfortunately, I am 20 years too late for such things. Plus, images of a certain Asian man crushing some poor kid over a Happy Meal trinket just flashed through my mind. *shudders*

I believe humans are curious by nature. Young or old, we're all just as eager to find out if Harry lives or dies in the end. No matter what the future holds for Harry, I'll still watch the last two films. Yes, my HP closure. It's very important.

No comments: