Friday, July 06, 2007

Laughter the best medicine

We all need a good laugh once in a while. Sadly, this usually occurs at the expense of others. I always laugh at myself when I'm in an embarrassing fix or when I do something dumb or stupid. Nobody's perfect, right?!

However, nothing cracks me up the most than Mainland China English - be it spoken, written or translated. I do not proclaim to be an English language expert nor an aficionado of the said grammar; and I'll probably land in hot soup with Mainlanders and with those "holier-than-thou" sympathizers for admitting to this.

Today is one of those days. I received the e-mail below this morning.

Come on! Don't tell me you didn't even chuckle???

So, out of curiosity I "googled" China Southern Airlines and the web site (www.cs-air) was "not found". Then, I thought maybe my Firefox browser was acting up and switched to Internet Explorer. Same result!


I chose another link and went into the Skytrax airline forum and read their passengers' reviews. (Hi-light: I like the one whereby one fellow wrote that the pilot nailed the landing sideways and still didn't kill them.) From here, I also learned that China Southern Airlines is China's biggest and "best" airline. As we know, big isn't always good and "best" in China is questionable elsewhere. No offense, but the track record of Chinese imports has been downright scary off late. For a start, the CSA website is down. Based on the reviews, it seems that good customer service on board this airline is just pure luck and the exiting procedure? Pushing & shoving. Hmm...

No comments: