Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Happy Birthday America

It's that time of the year again. All day BBQ, 9 p.m. fireworks (Macy's or the one organized by your local borough) and Coney Island's Nathan's hot dog eating competition.



Can he eat or what?!

Is it possible for this pint size Japanese man to win this competition again tomorrow??? He has already won it 6 years in a row. However, he has hit a stumbling block or so. He has what I had 6 years ago that landed me in the hospital ER. A lock jaw. Har..har..har! Sure it's funny come to think of it now. I somehow managed to lock mine after a big harmless yawn.

A case similar to mine except it took 2 doctors at one famous "private hospital" in Kuching to figure out what to do with my stubborn jaw! I was put under GA in the end coz I was in a lot of pain by then. 1 hour in the ER without success. Could have sued them for incompetency.

I still get lock jaw nightmares from time-to-time. Could it be that I'm suffering from lock jaw PTSD? Anyway, the orthodontist I saw later on said that my jaw muscles might be weak or the jaw joint damaged. I'm supposed to do jaw exercises to strengthen its muscles and to re-educate my wayward jaw to close properly but sadly, have neglected it for quite a while. So far, I haven't had any unflattering episodes (touch wood!) but should it happen again I am told to wrap my two index fingers with a towel and push the jaw down further until it re-tracts back, just like a spring! Ever since this unfortunate incident my first-aid code word for this particular emergency is: "tuala" (towel in Malay). *sadness*

Anyway, so much for lock jaw and hot-dogs.

******HAPPY 4th. of JULY******
EVERYONE :)

Remember not to stuff too many wieners in your mouth tomorrow. Hee..hee! What?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July to you too..!! Hope you have a great day..!

Anonymous said...

Hahah...oh ya, your locked jaw incident. Curse of Crashy. Hehehe.

Serenity said...

mamabok: same to u too! happy canada day!

millyvanilly: yes! that curse :( btw, the Jap guy lost to Joey Chestnut, another young and slim fellow who stuffed 60 hot-dogs into his stomach in 12 mins.